Facing a Weapons Charge?
Contact our Denton County Criminal Defense Attorney, Spencer Robuck
Texas law and federal law have several weapons offenses. Commonly weapons offenses include:
• Unlawfully carrying a weapon
• Discharging a firearm in a public place or certain municipalities
• Felon in a possession of a weapon
• Possessing or selling prohibited weapons
• Carrying a weapon into a prohibited area
• Carry or Use of a Firearm During Violent or Drug Crime
• False Statement to Firearms Dealer
Punishments for weapons cases can be severe. Recently, the government has increased prosecutions for “straw man” purchases, or when someone buys a firearm for someone else.