Accused of a Sex Crime in Denton County?
Contact a Denton County Criminal Defense Attorney for help with your sex crime charge
As with most states, Texas takes a hard stance against sexually-motivated crimes by punishing offenders with tough prison sentences and other consequences.
The two main Texas statutes describing improper sexual contact and unlawful sexual acts are:
• Texas Penal Code 22.011 (prohibiting sexual assault)
• Texas Penal Code 22.021 (prohibiting aggravated sexual assault)
Read the law here:
Sexual Assault in Denton, TX includes:
• Penetrating the anus or sexual organ of another by any means without the other person’s consent;
• Penetrating the mouth of another person with the defendant’s sexual organ, without the other person’s consent;
• Causing the sexual organ of another person, without his or her consent, to penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of the defendant or a third person;
• Doing any of the above acts to a child (a child’s consent to any of the acts is immaterial);
• Causing the anus of a child to contact the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of the defendant or a third person, or causing the mouth of a child to contact the anus or sexual organ of the defendant or a third person (the child’s consent is immaterial).
Sex crimes are serious, and you do not want one on your record. If you have been accused of one, contact a criminal defense lawyer immediately.